Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Casa del vigía

The construction of the “House for the Bar Services” was entirely carried out during the year 1906; built on the same dune, with a frame and floors of reinforced concrete, supported by 16 posts, it was the first building in Huelva to use this construction material. The project for this building was drafted by the engineering director Francisco Montenegro y Calle on November 23, 1904. The building was used for years to control the entry and exit of ships through the Padre Santo channel and the marking of the estuary. The watchman’s shift lasted a week, with changes occurring on Saturdays. The house was also used by the depth sounding personnel of the channel as a support center for their bathymetric tasks.
Skip to content